Pope’s Monthly Intention May 2019
The Church in Africa, a seed of unity
That the Church in Africa, through the commitment of its members, may be the seed of unity among her peoples and a sign of hope for the continent.
you created your children to live united to you,
in communion with one another.
During this month, we pray you for Christians in Africa,
that they may open themselves to your presence and to your reconciling action
in the midst of the divisions of this world.
May your grace move hearts to forgiveness and mercy,
with a sincere desire to build peace
and nurture hope in the future,
especially among the poorest and the young.
Here I am on this new day.
Put my heart once more
next to the Heart of your Son Jesus,
that is given for me and that comes to me in the Eucharist.
May your Holy Spirit
make me your friend and apostle, available to your mission.
I put in your hands
my joys and hopes,
my works and sufferings,
everything that I am and have,
in communion with my brothers and sisters of this worldwide prayer network.
With Mary I offer you my journey for the mission of the Church
and for the intentions of the Pope’s Worldwide Prayer Network for this month. Amen.
Proposals for the month
If you live outside of Africa
- Look for good examples of reconciliation between people and groups separated by war or religion and spread them in your own social networks.
- Seek, in your family, school and work, to be an agent of peace and reconciliation, taking on this task as a way of evangelisation.
- Promote, in your community, a moment of prayer, praying that the Lord will heal the wounds of war and the division of the African peoples and open paths of reconciliation.
If you live in Africa
- Search, in the area where you live, for dialogue initiatives with groups that work for peace and reconciliation and participate in these initiatives.
- Seek, in your family, in school and work, to be an agent of peace and reconciliation, taking on this task as a way of evangelisation.
- Promote a celebration of reconciliation in your community, praying that the Lord will heal the wounds of war and division.